Masterbatch is a compound that is used as an additive in formation of plastics in order to impart color or any other desired property. Filler masterbatch is therefore composed of polymer resin (LLDPE or LDPE) and other additive agents that reduce plastics production cost, improve surface antifriction, heat stability, toughness, hardness, rigidity properties and offer good dispersion and environmental protection. Classifications of filler masterbatch include calcium carbonate filler masterbatch, BaSO4transparent filler masterbatch, talc, nano filler masterbatch among others.
CaCO3 filler masterbatch is made from extremely fine micro-sized calcium carbonate, LLDPE carrier and an assortment of other additives for the excellent performance in plastic products. The granular size is less than 5 micrometer and a whiteness index higher than 98%. The application ratio is at the user’s disposal depending on the nature of the plastic product desired. However, the ideal ratio involves mixing 10% to 30%of CaCO3 masterbatch in stuff resin. Among the features of CaCO3filler masterbatch is that it is hygroscopic and easily absorbs water thus it is advisable to use it as soon as it is opened.
Functions of CaCO3 filler masterbatch:
· It improves the rigidity, tightness and anti-heating properties as well
· Enhances the sub-light effect on plastic products by removing the surface light
· Enhances size stability by reducing the shrinkage ratio
· Improves surface antifriction, antiskid, surface printing property and heat conduction properties of plastics
This is a high concentration kind of masterbatch composed of highly fine and coated natural BaSO4 ideal for PE, PP, PS and ABS plastic products. BaSO4 filler masterbatch imparts significantly on plastics properties and results in reduced production costs. Its non-toxic and non-hygroscopic i.e. absorbs no moisture. It’s cheaper than TiO2 thus cost-effective and excellent dispersion and plasticizing. The application ratio is about 10% to 50%.
Functions of BaSO4 Transparent Filler Masterbatch:
· It improves the properties and greatly reduces the production cost of plastics
· Enhances rigidity, hardness, specific gravity, and resilience to compression and abrasion
· Reduces ability of plastics to deform i.e. contractibility and deformability
This filler masterbatch is made from super-fine talc powder, otherwise known as talcum, and is also composed of other high quality additives in a polymer resin carrier. It’s a notable favorite for plastic manufactures particularly for its excellent dispersion and high stability. It’s applied in the manufacture of tapes, fibers, films, geotextiles, extrusions and many more.
Functions of Talc Filler Masterbatch:
· Improves atomizing effect, stiffness, rigidity and heat resistance of the plastic product
· Enhance surface modulus of the resulting PP products
· Reduces deformation and contractibility.
The upper hand of talc filler masterbatch is that it greatly imparts on the plastic’s dispersion, in non-toxic and is environment-friendly.
Contact Person: Mr. Justin